I have been trying to find snacks and foods for Paige that are small for her to be able to pick up herself since she loves Cheerios for this reason. I don’t want to just keep giving her Cheerios, but most of the store snacks either have rice or carrots in them which are two things that she does not seem to tolerate well. I did get my grandmother’s oatcake recipe which I will have to try soon for her, but with the lard in it I am wondering if I should hold off a little while longer.
The other night, I was looking on the internet for instructions to make yogurt drops and all I could find were for frozen yogurt drops which doesn’t really help me when we are out and about. So I decided to try dehydrating it in the oven instead. They have a bit of a tangy flavour when dry that I really enjoy. Paige loves them and they are easy enough for her to pick up as well.
You will need a cookie sheet, parchment paper and plain greek yogurt. You could also add some fruit puree if you wanted as well.
1. Line your cookie sheet with parchment paper and set your oven to 170oF.
2. You can drop small dollops of yogurt on the sheet or use a plastic baggie with the end cut off to pipe it on.
3. Once your sheet is full, place the tray in the oven. You will want to hang a tea towel on the corner of the stove door that hangs inside to allow the moisture to escape.
4. Let it “bake” for about 3 hours.
5. Once the yogurt is dry you can remove it from the oven and peel the chips off of the paper.
6. I store mine in an airtight container in the fridge.